Nicotaina Rustica For Home Made Shisha...

A friend of mine is growing this "heritage" tobacco and has offered a few gallon zip lock bags of it to me. I don;t have the time to make it into shisha myself, but some of you others may have the time. I'd prefer to give it to someone who has already sucessfully made their own shihsa so it doesn't get wasted in some trial and error attempt. I am willing to send a gallon bag each to two people once i get it, which may not be for a week or 3. All I ask in return is a small sample or product back when you are done. PM me.

http://www.bouncingbearbotanicals.com/sacr..._id=1&ref=4

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotiana_rustica

I would love it, Native tobacco is traditionally used for purifying rituals. Once in a while I can get a plug, I love it. Too bad I don't have any experience in making my own shisha, I would love to try it.

QUOTE (Ninjalex @ Mar 8 2008, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (guyt @ Mar 7 2008, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"it contains up to twenty times more nicotine than common North American varieties such as N. tabacum.

That's hella.

No joke.

Why hasn't anyone made shisha with this yet?

"Both species are thought to be cultivars. N. rustica (Wild Tobacco) contains about 10 times the nicotine of N. tabacum, and should be considered one of the most important hallucinogenic entheogens" maybe thats why? :S i dont think hallucinogenic shisha is a good idea...

Mathuv, thats a partially misconception...
yes, it is an ethnobotanical of sorts, but not for an entire "trip" or ceremony. It is used at the beginning to purify the body, mind, and soul. They generally carry on with something else, such as Ayahuasca.

QUOTE (Ninjalex @ Mar 8 2008, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"it contains up to twenty times more nicotine than common North American varieties such as N. tabacum.

That's hella.

No joke.

Probably because the stuff isn't really mass produced anymore.

• 1 month later...
Are you actually giving away GALLON size bags? As in one of your gallons is equal to 3.7 litres? How much is that weight wise? I know Mush its off thread (again, yeah), its not like I've ever made shisha. But I'm interested!

QUOTE (manic007 @ Apr 22 2008, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you actually giving away GALLON size bags? As in one of your gallons is equal to 3.7 litres? How much is that weight wise? I know Mush its off thread (again, yeah), its not like I've ever made shisha. But I'm interested!

um..singular..I have one bundle of the stuff I will never use....though i could probably get more from the guy.

I know how to make it...I could make some for you or drop you a pm on how to do it...if you want me to make it for ya, gonna have to wait about a month when I have some income in so I can buy the supplies and be able to ship it back to ya

As I've said before, I'm pretty confident that I could make shisha with this stuff. Boil it down and wash it a few times, dry it, add glycerin and assorted flavor essences or fruit pastes, add molasses or honey and mix to the consistency you want. Smoke. Test. Revamp. Test again. I'd also like to see what happens when you boil the leaves in a fruit juice of some type, grape, apple, pineapple, for example. Then add the essences and flavorings. I'll get my own and test it if necessary.

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Mar 8 2008, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes, it is an ethnobotanical of sorts, but not for an entire "trip" or ceremony. It is used at the beginning to purify the body, mind, and soul. They generally carry on with something else, such as Ayahuasca.

CHE? huh.gif wacko.gif

QUOTE (mathuv @ Apr 23 2008, 07:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Mar 8 2008, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CHE? huh.gif wacko.gif

QUOTE (mathuv @ Mar 8 2008, 06:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Ninjalex @ Mar 8 2008, 06:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's hella.

No joke.

"Both species are thought to be cultivars. N. rustica (Wild Tobacco) contains about 10 times the nicotine of N. tabacum, and should be considered one of the most important hallucinogenic entheogens" maybe thats why? :S i dont think hallucinogenic shisha is a good idea...

that...

• 2 years later...
Well it took me forever to find a forum that had info posted on nicotina rustica but FINALLY i found this one.

GOOD NEWS! I am making shisha using it and have over 20 plants growing outside my house currently. Ive ordered glycerin and expect it tomorrow morning.

Im planning on taking pictures of everything and maybe even a video for the fist reaction to actually smoking it.

Here goes nothing,
BJ.