Hookah Sober You Up?

Hye all. New poster here. I've been smoking hookah regularly (on average 2 times per week... as much as 7 or 8 rregular size bowls with my roomates in a week) for about 5 months now. I love it. Couple of questions:

1) Does anyone else get sobered up by it? I get the kinda floating feeling from it when I'm smoking it, but I can be drinking beer all night while I smoke it and it doesn't get me anywhere near as drunk as it would if I'm not smoking.

2) What brand do you guys recomend? I'm partial to Al-Fahker. I've tried others but the shisha seems too dry. Fahker seems to give me the best buzz.

3) Got any good recipes? I'm sure there are some on the forum, but I'm too lazy to look tongue.gif

4) Any recomendations as to where to purchase shisha? I use www.hookah-shisha.com/

Thanks!

QUOTE (TheIRI @ Jul 5 2007, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hye all. New poster here. I've been smoking hookah regularly (on average 2 times per week... as much as 7 or 8 rregular size bowls with my roomates in a week) for about 5 months now. I love it. Couple of questions:

1) Does anyone else get sobered up by it? I get the kinda floating feeling from it when I'm smoking it, but I can be drinking beer all night while I smoke it and it doesn't get me anywhere near as drunk as it would if I'm not smoking.

2) What brand do you guys recomend? I'm partial to Al-Fahker. I've tried others but the shisha seems too dry. Fahker seems to give me the best buzz.

3) Got any good recipes? I'm sure there are some on the forum, but I'm too lazy to look tongue.gif

4) Any recomendations as to where to purchase shisha? I use www.hookah-shisha.com/

Thanks!

1.) I havent really noticed any difference when i drink and smoke hookah... i seem to not get drunk either way now a days... lol

2.) Around here your gonna get alot of people reccomending Starbuzz, and Tangiers, i have yet to try either... got some starbuzz blueberry soon to be on the way...

3.) What do you mean by recipee, mixtures of tobacco?, Fruit as bowls or bases?, liquids for bases... just look around there are lots... but i reccomend smoking cola baccy, with a decarbonated coke as the base smile.gif tastes great

4.) for reccomendations on where to purchase things, there are alot of great vendors to supply us.. check out the vendor reviews... its really up to you where ya order from there isnt a BEST vendor...

hope this is helpfull smile.gif

Perhaps you are getting less drunk when you smoke because you aren't only drinking something else is taking up time between drinks which is making you less drunk. Or perhaps it is a simple case of mind over matter where you are less drunk because you convinced your mind when you smoke you are less drunk.

now that i think about it...this past weekend i think it got to me in that way too...i was feeling it a little (tipsy..not drunk) and after about a 30-45 min. smoking session (while still drinking)...i felt "normal"...havent really noticed it any other time cuz i normally dont smoke while im drunk...i get too lazy and clumsy and dont feel like ever setting it up...haha... Edited by Ehagen8008

I'm telling ya'll it sobers you up. I'm a heavy drinker. I can take a 6 pack and be fine... I'll feel it... be a lil tipsy, but not drunk. I get to 10 beers and you could say I'm drunk. 14 beers and I'm pretty fucked up.... (mind you this is in a span of... I dunno... 4hours?) 14 beers in 4 hours would usually destroy me. The other day, i had 8 heinekens and 6 MGD's all the while smokin, and I was relatively good. Obviously drunk, but nowhere near where I should be aftger 14 beers.

I am drunk right now. I have had 8 pints of varied, but excellent beers. I can tell you I'm setting up my hookah, but out of the literally hundreds of times I've followed this ritual, it has not sobered me up. If anything, the severe nicotene buzz ( I don't usually smoke ciggs) will 'f you up' even more. Oh but how I love the hookah's ritual fruit flavors. I'm going to go hump my Mya. unf unf unf unf unf unf

Although I am biased I would recommend either Tangiers or Tangiers. If you want something cheaper, with nicotine, Nahkla. If you want something cheaper without nicotine, Al Amir. If you want something more expensive than Tangiers, Romman (with nicotine) or Fumari (without nicotine).

QUOTE (hookah hippie @ Jul 5 2007, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perhaps you are getting less drunk when you smoke because you aren't only drinking something else is taking up time between drinks which is making you less drunk. Or perhaps it is a simple case of mind over matter where you are less drunk because you convinced your mind when you smoke you are less drunk.

i think im going to agree with HH here... how intoxicated you get depends on how many beers and how fast your liver can detoxify a beer/shot/or glass of wine in an hour, when your smoking you are taking up precious minutes that you could be sipping a beer, taking a shot, or the other thing...

if you are lazy when you drink like me lol and calculate the time it takes yourself to convince yourself to actually walk over and grab a beer/shot/wine or convince some one to grab one for you thats... just a really big waste of time...

give this a shot... when ever you go during a break to grab a b/s/w grab whatever your getting X2 whats the point of taking two trips when you can get it in one smile.gif Edited by pbpredator

nicotine is a dieuretic, so it would speed up the bodys removal of liquid (thus processing alcohol quicker), at least thats what my basic idea of anatomy is telling me.