Nicotaina Rustica For Home Made Shisha...

Since I never got the sdample from whoever I sent the Rustica to, could i perhaps hit you up for a little of yours? Im willing to trade and have a LOT to trade with. :)

Glad you found the place...keep us informed of your efforts.

My father grows tobacco, and hes planning on getting some of these seeds for growing next year... I will definitely be trying to make my own shisha about this time next year.

cool beans man, cant wait for the video, i think intense buzz and then shortly followed by some nice vomiting is whats going to happen, the reason why i say that is seems like everyone who has tried to make their own shisha fail several times and give up. So with that much nicotine something fun will happen! i do really really hope it works so u can help us failed newbs out

[quote name='king_lunchb0x' date='02 August 2010 - 08:39 PM' timestamp='1280806759' post='477406']
cool beans man, cant wait for the video, i think intense buzz and then shortly followed by some nice vomiting is whats going to happen, the reason why i say that is seems like everyone who has tried to make their own shisha fail several times and give up. So with that much nicotine something fun will happen! i do really really hope it works so u can help us failed newbs out
[/quote]

I actually started a thread on using Rustica some time ago because I was really interested in trying it since not even Nakhla or Tangiers pack a punch for me anymore. But I eventually abandoned the idea after a conversation with our favorite Merchant of Death. We were talking about tobacco in general and something came up about the fact that tobacco is just like any other plant - fruit, vegetable, etc. Different strains have different flavors. Some strong, some milder, bitter, etc. As wonderfully as the buzz factor might be I think what's held up creating a really good tasting shisha out of Rustica is that it just plain tastes really lousy. So instead of trying to essentially overcome a relatively milder "Cavendish" type tobacco flavor, you're up against a really strong natural flavor of the plant that's nearly impossible to subdue or bury under flavorings. If it's not going to taste worth a damn, then I don't see the point. But hey, if anyone can actually find a formula to make really good tasting shisha out of it, please come back here and brag on how you did it! 'Cuz there are plenty of us who'd be interested in it.

'Rani