Found An Old Hookah At A Garage Sale

This pipe looks like it's not worth trying to get smoking. It's best if you invest in a nice smoking pipe and keep this as decoration as mentioned before. Get some brass shiner and it'll look great as a decoration.

QUOTE (Scoop @ Apr 21 2008, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
brass wont do anything to your tobacco flavor. however id just go pick up a "regular" hookah and just keep that for decoration

+1

seriously, the time you'll spend trying to get it to work with modern mo'assel plus the fact that you'll be ruining an old hookah in the process makes it totally not worth it. or, you might get into zag/ajami as someone mentioned wink.gif

Depending on the sizes, you might be able to get a standard bowl to fit inside your existing bowl. You would just need to rig up a seal for it. Or the right sized grommit might fit over the top after you unscrew the existing bowl.

Also, depending on the size, you might be able to just fit some tubing (take the bottom fitting of an existing hose) and fit it over the hose bib.

Duct tape is your friend.

But I agree, you probably will get a much better smoke off a new cheap hookah.

QUOTE (texas_mustang @ Apr 21 2008, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So ive never owned a hookah before, just used friends'. anyway, i was driving around with my girlfriend this weekend and we stopped at a garage sale. I found this old hookah and bought it for 7 dollars. does anyone know what its worth? ive been polishing the brass and i cleaned the wood. Its about 3 feet tall and has no markings on it what so ever. sorry for the shitty pic, its from my cellphone.

Lmao. I actually have the majority of this hookah as well. During a dig for props in the dungeon of my theater (where old sets and props go to rot and rest) we found the bowl and the body of this hookah. It's currently sitting on stage for our production of Mother Courage.

The bowl is massive. I am going to do some more digging and see if I can find the stem and anything else. I will keep you guys informed of any progress I make.