Alcohol In The Vase

So I got my cheap hookha today and it came with a sheet of paper called "tips and tricks". One of the ones here says "Add wine to the water in your glass vase for an intoxicating effect." Is that for real, does that work?

last time i posted my experiences about this (with dry ice) i was told that i would be dead and practically called a liar, so i'll hold my comment to myself, but yes you can put alcohol in the base, a nice merlot can complment a fruity shisha nicely.

In that document, I stumbled upon this:

"An optional 12.5% service charge will be added to bill."

lol, whats that supposed to mean? They come to you and ask you if you want a 12.5% service charge? Talk about an offer you cant refuse...

QUOTE (patio87 @ Jul 21 2008, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well what I'm really wondering though is will it get you drunk, as that is what the sheet of paper is hinting at.

not so much drunk as it intensifies the buzz you'll get and makes for an interesting experience. I recommend it I have done it several times and you rele dont need much. Im going to try absinthe just I dont know a shisha that could overpower that pungent anise flavor lol puke.gif Edited by Spotless

QUOTE (greeknate88 @ Jul 22 2008, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Jul 22 2008, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love alcohol in the base once in a while...jack and coke, wine and juice...etc... catch a bigger buzz while smoking, when you're done, drink it tongue.gif

........don't actually drink it

just think about it...the molasses/honey flavoring the flavored base...best one for me was jack and coke with HH Jamaican Rum and HH Cola

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Jul 22 2008, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (greeknate88 @ Jul 22 2008, 08:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Jul 22 2008, 07:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love alcohol in the base once in a while...jack and coke, wine and juice...etc... catch a bigger buzz while smoking, when you're done, drink it tongue.gif

........don't actually drink it

just think about it...the molasses/honey flavoring the flavored base...best one for me was jack and coke with HH Jamaican Rum and HH Cola

I know it may sound good, but everyone knows the saying "don't drink the ____ water" Same concept

I used to put hard alcohol in the base back in the day and would definently get a prolonged buzz. Did not feel drunk, however the feeling was alot different then it was without the alcohol.

WARNING: It will raise your BAC (Blood alcohol content) a considerable amount. After a two hour session using 3:1 water vodka i blew a .06 on a breathalizer.

QUOTE (Spotless @ Jul 22 2008, 04:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well what I'm really wondering though is will it get you drunk, as that is what the sheet of paper is hinting at.

not so much drunk as it intensifies the buzz you'll get and makes for an interesting experience. I recommend it I have done it several times and you rele dont need much. Im going to try absinthe just I dont know a shisha that could overpower that pungent anise flavor lol puke.gif

i think Nakhla double apple would work tongue.gif

As for alcohol in the base, I had some rum in there the other night and didnt really notice anything different except taste

QUOTE (Spotless @ Jul 22 2008, 05:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not so much drunk as it intensifies the buzz you'll get and makes for an interesting experience. I recommend it I have done it several times and you rele dont need much. Im going to try absinthe just I dont know a shisha that could overpower that pungent anise flavor lol puke.gif

2nd, makes the buzz stronger, I never got drunk.