Quick Lites Vs Regular Coals

QUOTE (Gift3d @ Aug 12 2008, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mostly people say that QL's don't last long and leave a taste... these people are either using crappy QL's, or just plain doing it wrong.

The only way i'd get a taste from QL's if it i put it on the foil as soon as it's done sparking. I always blow on it or hold it in front of a fan until it's 100% red all around, so it's sure to not leave a taste in the smoke. Also while using Three Kings 40mm QL's i get about an hour and 15 minute smoke from my egyptian bowl. It's smelly while they spark though.

If i wanted it to last more than 75 minutes i'd do just as you'd do with natural coals... put another one on. Maybe a half. Elitism is like the plague on this forum, but the one and only difference i find with naturals and QL's are price. I've used both, and i've found QL's to be quicker, easier, and cheaper if you do it right.

I've used Three Kings 40mm as well as Sultan QLs. Maybe if you're using a stock hose these coals will last 1hr +...but if you have a namoor, razaan, or KM hose, the draw dwindles 2-3 coals in 30-45minutes. In addition to having to bulldoze the mound of ash QL's leave on my bowl, I have to use twice as many coals. With my medium phunnel bowl, I can expect to blaze through upwards of 6-7 QL's vs. 4-5 Coconara's, which don't ash or smell like ass.

I'll admit - I think there is some fanboyism and bandwaggoning on this board. Some folks insist on KM's, Mayas, MZ's etc...
But to suggest elitism is selling everyone short. You'll find most people here, while opinionated, are open minded to trying new things. See: Coalmageddon part 1 &2. To be blunt, if QL's were the better option, people on this board would not insist upon smoking naturals. If this board were full of elitists, we'd all be smoking Starbuzz Fuzzy Navel out of meduse hookahs.