Problems With Charcoals

I have a problem with most of my charcoals that i purchase and cant be refunded. I have the famous coco nara's
and when im trying to light them with a lighter i think that my lighter will run out of fluid b4 the thing lights so i
went to stove top i literatly left them on the stove for like 3 minutes and they were red on the bottom but didn't
look like they were lit i put them on and they never worked they were just red on the corners and werent getting
ashy.

The next 1 is Dismante Japan Style. This is the worst thing i have ever had in my life, i ordered a big box of like 20
bars and there easy to break off but are really small and the foil is like attached to the charcoal and is impossible
to take off or scrape off so i thought maybe it's supposed to be like that so i try lighting it it wouldnt light but it on
the stove top and left it on there for a while the silver coating wasnt getting off nor was it light. Is there something
your supposed to do with these to light them or are they made for something else? For no i'll stick with the easy lights
i was just wondering if i did something wrong or there like that.

I purchased the Dismate from homeofthehookah.com and now they dont even have them on there website anymore. The
coco nara's were sent to my house by homeofthehookah.com because i kept complaining and all of these suck. Any recomendations?

Umm Dude...coco naras are natural coals, I don't think theyre ment to be lit with a lighter. Try leaving them on a stove for like 5 mins, usually works for everybody else. As far as the Japanese coals go, im not familiar with them, perhaps somebody has some advice for those, but for the coconaras just have some pateience and it will all be worth it!

Thanks for the advice with the coconara's i will do that the next time i decide to hookah but i dont have alot of the coconara's, i hope to get some advice with the Dismante bars soon as i have so many.

Ummm...

Quicklights = lighter, other coals = stove or torch.

Not that hard to figure out I thought using the good old 'if this didn't work... maybe I should try something else!' line of thinking.

This must be what it's like to be one of those poor Walmart helpers having to listen to big mama complain that the comforter she bought hasn't been working well as a rug...

cmon guys dont knock on the new people.

The silver stuff will be easy to blow off once they get red hot.

use the stove for both, you might have to rig up some weird holder thing to get them going without holding them with tongs which will get really hot.

i light them on a hotplate with a blowtorch cause i dont have coil burner.

if your using the japanese coals you have to keep up on ashing it off away from the hookah other wise the ash has a great tendency to get into the bowl and taint the flavor.... they work okay but you have to constantly blow them off... after the silver burns off blow it off put them on and in like a minute pick them up blow them off again and flip them and they'll be good to go.. lot of hastle compared to any coconut coal i've ever used but I used them for a long time till i tried the others like a month ago

QUOTE (Tom16689 @ Oct 30 2008, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He might be using an electric stove, unlighting and suffocating the coals against the flat surface.

It usually takes me longer to heat coals on a gas stove than an electric. You just have to flip more with the electric.