Car Hookah?

So we are going on a road trip next week and I was thinking... What is the best way to enjoy a 30 hour car ride? Well the normal options of finding all the letters in the alphabet and the recent look for all the 69s on the highway are highly appealing, but this time I need more. My next idea was learning the harmonica to supplement singin' the blues, but that's already decided.

What I'm getting at really is... have people tried sparking up a hookah in the car?!?! It seems like a terrible idea and someone would probably get burnt or there would be a new hole "placed" somewhere, but I feel like with the right setup its plausible... Motion sickness and visibility might be factors as well. Plus the stupid cops...

No doubt the hookah is coming with us from the cold chill of Michigan to the sexy beaches of Florida, but maybe it doesn't have to hide in the bag the whole way down... thoughts?

The cops here in sweden seems pretty updated, i have met some slow ones though, damn, if anybody should be updated on stuff its the police.
Anyway, i have smoked hookah several times in my car and all i can say its EPIC, a nice soundsystem isnt bad either tongue.gif I just make a "foil cage" for the coals or use a windcover.
Ive taken the box from an old loudspeaker, drilled and sawed a bit, kinda hard to explain, my MYA fits into it and i jam it in place on the floor in the backseat behind the drivers and passengerseats middle armchair, lol why cant this be a swedish forum, epic english xD The bowl and top of the stem is just above, fu*k it, im going mspaint lol

I'm currently attending school in Albany and me and my roommates took a trip to NYC/Queens last semester. We ended up buying a new hookah to take back with us and smoked it all the way back to Albany. Just make sure you use something to keep the coal from falling off the head. We used a beer can with the top and bottom cut off. We cracked the windows and had no trouble. Good luck!

QUOTE (drabin @ Feb 22 2009, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you care about your car you will buy a leila and leave it at that. i would kill myself if i had coal burns on my car seats...

very true, but there are cheaper ways around it. If you don't plan on doing it regularly I would just use a QT if you have one and make something to catch the coal..or something.