How To Heat My Coals

Alright so I am not considering getting a torch because you have to refill it all the time and also I went to Wal - Mart and got this hot plate ... but that doesnt do anything. Also I don't want to have to waste quick lights just to light a coal.

Any ideas on ways I can light them

Cocanaras

+1 on the Walgreen's Electric Burner.

I picked mine up on Saturday and like NOB said, they are on sale for about 8 dollars.
I use AF coconut coals and it takes me maybe 10 minutes from plugging it in to having ready coals.
I would highly recommend it.

QUOTE (Jondd88 @ Nov 2 2009, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I picked mine up on Saturday and like NOB said, they are on sale for about 8 dollars.
I use AF coconut coals and it takes me maybe 10 minutes from plugging it in to having ready coals.

Build a little cover out of tin foil and place it over the coals. Cuts the time to light in half.

QUOTE (Zinite @ Nov 2 2009, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Build a little cover out of tin foil and place it over the coals. Cuts the time to light in half.

Interesting, 10 minutes seemed quick enough since I use that time to prepare the rest of the Hookah, but I think I will try that anyways.
How big should the cover be?

QUOTE (Zinite @ Nov 3 2009, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it's easier to save the foil and put your coals on first and then go clean and prepare your hookah and load a bowl. By the time you're done the coals will be too. smile.gif

QUOTE (Zinite @ Nov 3 2009, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Be careful with that as you can overheat the burner... Done that to two of them.

QUOTE (ryno @ Nov 3 2009, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Zinite @ Nov 3 2009, 01:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Be careful with that as you can overheat the burner... Done that to two of them.

great point, what i see alot of people doing is they use those really small tiny fans to blow on the coals has they light..it may sound good on paper but really what does it cut 1-2 minutes? i just dont see that being worth it to stock a fan in my stash to heat coals..

QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Nov 3 2009, 12:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow they are on sale for 7.99 now..i may pick up another and put it away for rainy day..

Speaking of rainy days... My old burner got wet a few times so that it began to shock whoever flipped the coals. It was... quite unpleasant when I found out.

Bring your burners in!

QUOTE (jordanneff @ Nov 2 2009, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Zinite @ Nov 3 2009, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it's easier to save the foil and put your coals on first and then go clean and prepare your hookah and load a bowl. By the time you're done the coals will be too. smile.gif

Well you only need to make one cover... the covers last 3 or 4 months. It reduces the time it takes to light coals for the 2nd or 3rd round.

QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Nov 3 2009, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Lilmopho @ Nov 3 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks guys i whent and picked up an electric burner from walgreens just now.

damn you didnt get me one..lol

Haha i actually have 2 because i got one and it wasnt coil it was just a electric stove top and i cant return it cuse i lost the recite.