Japanese Hookahs & Shisha?

This is something I've been curious about for a while. Every country seems to make hookahs, yet I haven't seen any hookahs from Japan. Is MYA Japanese? I'm not sure. But I'm curious if Japan makes hookahs or shisha. Everything Japan makes is usually high quality, so a nice high quality Japanese hookah would be sweet. ;)

And Japanese shisha would be interesting too. Nori, fish, soy, and rice flavored shisha, anyone? *lol*

MYA is not Japanese - I'm not sure where they're from exactly, but they have flagship stores in Virginia (and another store in Flordia), UAE, Lebanon, and Saudi Arabia.

They also make other glass and crystal products (chandeliers, vases, bowls, etc).
Their website says they're now offering interior design services and their own chocolate line... [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]

MYA's are actually made in china, as far as japanese stuff goes I haven't seen anything other than their coals.

I think the quality in Mya hookahs is about as close to Japanese quality as we can expect, for now. I have seen videos on youtube of people smoking in Japan, but they're using egyptian and syrian hookahs. Go fig. They make their own tobacco pipes, cigerettes, you'd think they'd make their own hookahs. Unless there's not enough business in it.

[quote name='jorlyfish' timestamp='1290288798' post='488940']
MYA is not Japanese - I'm not sure where they're from exactly, but they have flagship stores in Virginia (and another store in Flordia), UAE, Lebanon, and Saudi Arabia.

They also make other glass and crystal products (chandeliers, vases, bowls, etc).
Their website says they're now offering interior design services and their own chocolate line... [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]
[/quote]

mya chocolate.....must try it.as long as it doesn't cost upwards of a hundred dollars

[quote name='nun' timestamp='1290313465' post='488981']
who wants a kawaii sanrio hookah? :imotion28:
maybe japan will invent one that has a built in mp3 player too :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Ohmigod, Hello Kitty head as vase!

.... Google has provided:
[img]http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l6npr7R2Qj1qzvk4co1_400.jpg[/img]

There's another one that has a Hello Kitty body as the vase, but the bowl looks pretty NHT-ish, so I'm not gonna post... But it's one of the first results on Google images for "hello kitty hookah" if anyone is interested.

I'm pretty sure MYA's are made in China. Most chinese hookahs have screw-together stems. I don't know any outside of China that do. I had a couple other cheapo chinese hookahs that were almost identical to MYA, just poor quality parts.

[quote name='jorlyfish' timestamp='1290314461' post='488982']
[/quote]

There's another one that has a Hello Kitty body as the vase, but the bowl looks pretty NHT-ish, so I'm not gonna post... But it's one of the first results on Google images for "hello kitty hookah" if anyone is interested.
[/quote]

looks like just stickers on a pink hookah, no? for that colour i can picture it as a My Melody hookah :D

I've been in Japan for 2 1/2 years and having a japanese style hookah or shisha would be news to me.

Hookah isn't really big here. they have a few bars off base but they are mainly for us americans.

[quote name='jorlyfish' timestamp='1290314461' post='488982']
[/quote]

[/quote]
we need to get a hookah like this for hallie...she'd love it lol

Mya isn't Chinese. Mya has hopped on here before to dispell this. They aren't made in any ONE country. They have manufacturing plants in: Turkey, Czech Republic, China, and Saudi Arabia.