[b]These lounges tend to be Arabic or Indian in style for obvious reasons like the owners being from Iran etc. What about us folks who go there? When I hung out in Coffee houses in the 90's. Everyone looked like either Van gogh or a vampire! When I go to the lounge I sometimes wear my fez and sandals. I also take my mancala board when I got friends along. Does anyone wear a kufi or a turban? [img]http://static.railbirds.com/gallery/2009/08/6074hookah_smiley.gif[/img][/b]

Never dress to impress. Personally I stopped going to lounges, because when I think "lounge" I think "pants optional"

...uptight snobs....

I prefer my usual clothes!

Cargo pants, basketball sneakers, t-shirt. Nothing fancy. Edited by Epoch

[quote name='The Persian Hillbilly' timestamp='1309988778' post='514917']
[b]These lounges tend to be Arabic or Indian in style for obvious reasons like the owners being from Iran etc. What about us folks who go there? When I hung out in Coffee houses in the 90's. Everyone looked like either Van gogh or a vampire! When I go to the lounge I sometimes wear my fez and sandals. I also take my mancala board when I got friends along. Does anyone wear a kufi or a turban? [img]http://static.railbirds.com/gallery/2009/08/6074hookah_smiley.gif[/img][/b]
[/quote]

Baba, Arabic or Indian from Iran? Chi gofti?

In any case, not in DC. In Beirut yes but only because people dress nicer and one doesn't really go out in a t-shirt anywhere

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1309989152' post='514921']
Never dress to impress. Personally I stopped going to lounges, because when I think "lounge" I think "pants optional"

...uptight snobs....
[/quote]

exactly. haha.

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1309989966' post='514925']
[/quote]

Baba, Arabic or Indian from Iran? Chi gofti?

In any case, not in DC. In Beirut yes but only [u]because people dress nicer and one doesn't really go out in a t-shirt anywhere[/u]
[/quote]

Heyyyyyyyy......T-shirts are nice...:unsure:

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1310002586' post='514951']
I wear my birthday suit. But it's okay- they don't call the cops on me because I'm sexy. It's mostly because of my teeth.
[/quote]
You just distract them with the glare of the light reflecting off your teef, amirite?

I haven't been to a lounge in about a year. I've been to fancier lounges (if anyone remembers Nara, the place I posted in vendetta's thread about starting a lounge, that's one) and to college kid hangout type lounges. I just dress how other people there tend to dress, whether that's slightly dressier than everyday or just a t-shirt and jeans.

The one I found near me is run by and is frequented mostly by college kids (or at least that's what they all look like, lol), so it's shorts and t-shirt for me. Some people come in looking like they just came from a relatively dressy club and whatnot, but that is the minority.

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1309989966' post='514925']
[b]When I go to the lounge I sometimes wear my fez and sandals. [img]http://static.railbirds.com/gallery/2009/08/6074hookah_smiley.gif[/img][/b]
[/quote]lol, I like your style

In Beirut yes but only because people dress nicer and one doesn't really go out in a t-shirt anywhere
[/quote]It depends where you go in Beirut. Lots of places are casual and it seems that jeans and tee-shirts are quite common, from my experience anyways.

I wear my birthday suit. But it's okay- they don't call the cops on me because I'm sexy. It's mostly because of my teeth.
[/quote]

They don't call the cops because they think oh wait look at that pretty girl, oh shit it is a guy. I feel bad for him, we should let him stay. :)
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='Allstar' timestamp='1310067501' post='515019']
[/quote]

They don't call the cops because they think oh wait look at that pretty girl, oh shit it is a guy. I feel bad for him, we should let him stay. :)
[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Typically if I end up at the hookah bar its after a night at the club or bar, and I almost always dress to impress when I go out there. Otherwise its just whatever I decide to wear that day :)

[quote name='Allstar' timestamp='1310067501' post='515019']
[/quote]

[/quote]

+Rep. HAHAHA