Getting Drunk Off Hookah

OK, so here's the story. A few days ago some kids posted a video in a semi scientific fashing showing how you can use dry ice to inhale alcohol directly into the blood stream.

http://www.break.com/index/inhaling_alcoho...th_dry_ice.html

Well, some kids saw this and took it to the next level:

http://www.break.com/index/inhaling_alchoh...th_a_hooka.html

Thoughts/comments?

Sounds like a really stupid idea to me. First worry is a cracked base due to the extreme cold. Then if it does not crack it would literally spew co2 gas out as the gas thawed. Who wants to breath that much co2?

All they are really doing is taking oxygen deprivation to the extreme while simultaneously inhaling vapors from hard alcohol. The steam that comes off of dry ice when you put it in anything that is warmer than -100F (I think) is just the dry ice itself. They should try the BAC meter after pouring a bunch of alcohol out on a plate and breathing the fumes from it for a couple minutes. Like was already said, it will raise the breathalyser, but I bet you won't be drunk.

I wouldn't say it's a poison, really. Basically, the feeling you get if you hold your breath for too long, your body telling you to breathe, is really just your body saying that it too much of the air in your lungs is CO2. You'd feel the same way if you inhaled the CO2 vapors. You might pass out if you did it for a while without breathing air, since you aren't getting enough oxygen. Please, don't try what these idiots did. Just think of the newspaper headlines. Edited by Glottis

QUOTE (ASUSEAN1 @ Jan 2 2007, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
eh im stupid enough to give this a shot when i get back to school. ha i let you guys kno how it goes..
Nice knowing you...You know we have a lot of good hospitals here in Phoenix right?  Might want to be sitting just outside one of them when you try it just in case .  LOL Certainly not the smartest trick to try. Edited by rattler

eh, there not really doing it. I noticed what others noticed, the pan the video off em right after a hit. You can see his arm moving, hes drinking alcohol from under the table. And if you notice he didnt get the reading the first time.

There trying to make us believe it works XD

When they first take the reading it gives .000 and when they set it down it starts to beep and they try to shut it up. Then after they take a hit, they take the reading, it first gives .000, than they wait and it makes the same beeping sound before, than gives the reading.